PhotoSound Technologies is a research, development, and manufacturing company specializing in biomedical applications of photoacoustic imaging. We develop and commercialize innovative 3D imaging platforms for in vivo preclinical research and drug discovery. The imaging platforms utilize tunable OPO laser technology for simultaneous spectrally-selective photoacoustic and optical excitation to create unparallel volumetric images of live organisms, organs, and tissues. The company is located in Houston, TX. For more information about the company, ongoing research, and the products visit www.pst-inc.com.
PhotoSound Technologies has an open full-time (40 hours per week) position for a junior level Scientist to support research and development for the 3D PhotoAcoustic-Fluorescence Tomography (PAFT) imaging platform.
Perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Acquire data using PAFT imaging systems.
- Process and analyze PAFT data acquired by PhotoSound and by our academic collaborators.
- Write R&D reports and scientific publications.
- Assist in writing grant applications.
- Advance scientific knowledge and technical skills via self-education, by attending professional conferences and reviewing relevant scientific publications.
Direct supervisor – Chief Executive Officer.
Direct subordinates – none.
- B.S. degree or higher (Ph.D. preferred) in Engineering or Physics (BIOE preferred).
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience working with scientific instrumentation in a research lab on
independent or directly supervised research projects.
- Significant experience and skills in writing research reports and papers.
- Experience working with photoacoustic, ultrasound, and/or optical imaging is a plus.
- U.S. Citizen or a legal Permanent Resident.
- Relocation to Houston, TX.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting base salary is $48,000 with excellent opportunity for growth. No overtime compensation. Variable end of year bonus. 10 paid vacation days. 5 paid sick days. 10 paid holidays with 3 of those days floating. Restricted shares package (optional).
Please send your resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org